Debt counselling can help you get to the next stage of your life while taking the weight of debt off your shoulders. It will allow you to focus on the really important things while we handle the rest!
The key benefits of Debt Review are that a Debtor’s monthly obligations to his/her creditors are re-structured based on the Debtor’s affordability and we are able to offer our clients immense savings in the form of vastly lower interest rates as well as a huge saving on credit life insurance on their debts.
Debt Restructuring Court Order
A Debt Restructuring Court Order is obtained through the Magistrates Court which protects the Debtor’s Assets and Income. We have a team of dedicated Debt Counsellors who commit themselves to easing our clients’ financial burdens through strong negotiation and maintaining as their focus, the best interests of each client.
You must be permanently employed or self employed
There is no limit on the amount of your debt
Claims where legal action has already commenced cannot be included
Housing bonds and vehicle finance agreements can be included
Payments are made to your creditors through a registered distribution agency on a monthly basis
You may not obtain further credit until your current debt has been paid in full
- You receive the protection of a debt restructuring court order that protects your salary and your assets
- No more harrassment from creditors
- Interest rates and repayments are reduced in accordance with your affordability
- You pay one monthly/weekly instalment that you can afford to cover all your debt
- Sufficient provision is made for your basic living expenses so that you live comfortably while paying off your debt
- A clearance certificate is issued once you have paid off all your debt
- Original identity document
- Original salary advice/payslip (not more than 2 months old)
- Bank statement (1 month)
- If married in community of property, the above documents are required from your spouse as well as your marriage certificate.
- Proof of address (not more than 3 months old)